Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Author Interview: C.R. Moss

Evernight's Big Birthday Bash is still going on! Scroll down or click here to enter my contest!
---

Okay, guys. Take a deep breath first.

Ready?

Okay. Time for a weekly cover art swoon!


Sigh.

This week, we're joined by Evernight author C.R. Moss! And some smokin' hot cowboy cover art for good measure!


----------------

When/How did you decide writing was something you just had to do?
~ I’ve been working toward a career in writing for as long as I can remember. I had been creating stories since I started to read, but the thought of writing for a living solidified when I was in middle school and received an A in English. I looked at the grade and that’s when my life was defined. I realized I could do it. From that point on, I put pen to paper to get my thoughts down and made sure to take classes appropriate to learning and honing the craft. I did Creative Writing and Drama in high school. My BA from Rutgers College stems from a concentration of courses in Communications and English. I’ve even taken a couple of novel writing workshops where I was mentored one-on-one by a Kensington author. Now, there are the classes at the conventions, conferences and through the local RWA chapter that I attend, which helps to keep me writing. So, yeah, it’s been in my blood a long, long time.


Wow! That is an enviable mentorship! So what steered you to romantic fiction?
~ My first reading/writing love was the horror genre. I was reading VC Andrews back in middle school and Stephen King in my early teens. In my early twenties, a friend lent me a copy of Jude Deveraux's A Knight in Shining Armor and I fell in love with that story and the romance genre.

As a writer, what is your typical day like?
~ I check email, do promotion stuff. I'd love to write during the day, but I get tripped up with the promotion and marketing aspect of writing. I end up writing at night, which is all right. The house and world is quiet and that makes it great for concentration.

I could get so much more done if only my muse could stay up past 8 p.m.! What is the most important thing you've learned, either in writing or publishing, or both?
~ To keep writing, keep learning and that no matter what, follow your dreams.

What have you read recently that everyone should check out?
~ I've read the first and just finished the second book in Erin Kellison's shadow series, Shadow Bound & Shadow Fall. OMG, what wonderful books they are. Everything in them grabbed me and kept me hooked. She's now one of my favorite authors.

What is a scene or line from one of your stories that you'd like to share?
~ I have a story in Evernight Publishing's holiday anthology coming out this December. It's called Chasing Miss Kringle and this is a short paragraph from it: :: I continued to gaze into her eyes. An impression of being lost in a dark, dense forest filled my mind along with thoughts about stories by the brothers Grimm, cautionary tales about the pitfalls of life and love. Was she a pitfall or a love? ::


Tell us a little about that sexy cover.. erm, book, up there!
~ I have a release, co-authored with my writing partner, RM Sotera, out at Evernight Publishing called Wild West Weekend. It's a fun, sexy contemporary erotic romance with cowboys! Here's the blurb: Two brothers... Two best friends... One... Wild West Weekend. Two people scared to love again. Two others hesitant about commitment. A weekend in Nevada will change all that. Bristol Ashcombe is swearing off men and taking a vacation with her friend, Cassie. Damon Dougan is packed and ready to leave the ranch for a trip, that is, until a long-legged, sexy woman steps out of a vehicle and he decides to stay. Will one sex filled weekend be enough for either of them? Cassie Harding travels to the Double D ranch, to meet Bristol and looks forward to seeing her old friend, Dakota. Dak’s excited when Cassie, his former sweetheart, returns. Cassie and Dakota, though they’re heating up ‘the sheets’ in and out of the bedroom, have fears about commitment after years of being single. Will they find it’s better to dance together than apart?
More information about the book and series can be found at: http://doubledranchtales.blogspot.com/

So, now everyone's hooked! Where can readers find you?
~ Find C.R. Moss at the following locations:
Website: www.crmoss.net
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/crmoss
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/crmoss
Blog: http://crmoss.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. I always enjoy "hearing" about how other authors found their way to writing and to romantic fiction specifically. What a charming interview with a talented writer.

    Thank you Renee and CR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Dahlia & for the lovely comment!
    =)
    C.

    ReplyDelete